Thursday, October 2, 2008

Clicker Training the Pony to the Ball and Preparation for Laying Down









I played with Tonka, the pony, today.

We worked on chasing the ball; he's getting a little faster in going to it, leaving me to go to it (previously I would have to go with him to get to the ball), and returning to me for the treat.

We also starting some preliminary work on laying down. I wet him, and found that he is fine with the hose. He will stand at liberty, no lead rope, and be sprayed with no problem. He will also put his mouth in the spray.

After being sprayed, I left him for a while, watching for when he would drop and roll. I captured it three times, and clicked him. He received jackpots of watermelon and peppermints. He hasn't made the connection yet, tho.

We'll have to see how long it takes.

No comments: